Tuesday 26 May 2015

Lamb Koftas

Another Indian dish I have taken to attempting is koftas. I’m not exactly sure where I saw this recipe…probably on Food Network and I tweaked it so it worked for me.When I’ve made this for a crowd I used ground beef (cause it’s cheaper) but for just Will and I we prefer lamb.



I start by cooking red lentils on the stove with water, turmeric and curry powder. 


Add them to the ground lamb with salt, pepper and garam masala and mush together with your hands. Then squeeze them into these knobbly football shapes and bake in the oven. 


The knobbly shapes gives the opportunity for lots of dark yummy edges.



The sauce is 4 tomatoes, half an onion, half a red chilli, garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala and salt blended until smooth. Heat up over a low heat. This makes enough for 2 dinners so I freeze half and use it the next week.

Add the lamb to the sauce and give them a few minutes to let them get to know each other. 



Serve with rice and/or naan. Top with a dollop of plain yogurt.

It gives me heart burn but it's so worth it!

--Siobhan xo


No comments:

Post a Comment