Tuesday 17 May 2016

Mediterranean Quinoa Burgers

Well, kinda Mediterranean....I didn't have some of the ingredients the author deemed "Mediterranean" but they were still awesome.

I actually found this recipe through a cooking show I watch on Twitch called Cooking for Noobs. Twitch is basically a way to live stream yourself playing video games, cooking, crafting or whatever your little heart desires.

These burgers seemed very simple when the host, Christine, made them so I had to give them a try as well. I was a vegetarian for 15 years before the great babying of 2014 so I always have a place in my heart for a good veggie burger.


The burger consists of quinoa, oats, chickpeas, garlic, 1 egg, oregano and basil blended together in a food processor until its the texture of a really thick hummus. I folded in some sundried tomatoes and small pieces of feta.


They were very easy to form into burgers and once they were it only took 2-3 minutes on each side with a small amount of canola oil to get them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.


I whipped up a tomato, cucumber and feta salad to go on the side with a light lemon and oil dressing.

I probably wouldn't serve them in a bun as the texture of the bread would probably ruin the texture of the burger.

They would also work as a lunch. It's quite a light dish...but very yummy and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment