Monday 12 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving from 44

Been fighting some sort of virus this past week.
Nagging headache and all I want to do is sleep.
BUT
It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canuckville and I gots to do a turkey dinner of some sort with the fixins.
The past couple of years its been just HB and me
Part of our lil family is in the great west the other ..... wants to have the weekend to themselves .. see previous post.....

Our Dinner Menu





I was very excited to have one Butternut squash grow on my huge vine so of course I babied that thing finally bringing it inside and letting it ripen completely on the window sill.



Sage did terrific in the herb garden this year and I had lots for the turkey breast and brown butter sauce with tons left to bring in for Christmas dinner.


I added a few Sedum stocks to the burnt orange mums for the table.




Of course we had to have our Apple Martinis on the deck.
It was a beautiful day ---- sunny and 20C (68F)


Apple tinis
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce Apple Sour Puss
2 ounce apple juice

Shake Shake Shake with lots of ice. Pour into martini glass. CHEERS!





HB made a fabulous Pain Normandie with apples (he will be guest blogging his recipe at a later date)





 
 
Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend.....
 
 
ciao for now
susan


 
 
 
 
I
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Cute photo of you and Iain. And that bread....good gravy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect!
    Have a great week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete