Saturday 19 September 2015

Exploring the new 'hood

I mentioned briefly in my moving day post that the river was only about a 10 minute walk from where we moved to. I have been taking full advantage of this and making sure Daphne and I take a walk down to the water as much as possible.



Such a different atmosphere from the suburbs. Tree lined streets and homes with character. I love strolling the avenues and just observing it all.



Daphne really seems to enjoy getting out of the house more as well. The third day we went for our walk she passed out in the stroller for about 10 minutes...she has never done that...EVER!


There is no beach or anything but it is nice to hear the water crashing against the shore. I've been doing a loop around the avenues so the "10 minute walk to the water" turns out to be a 45 minute 5km walk...


Requring hydration and pb&j sandwiches upon our return.




It also seems to help with the sleeping. We have changed Daphne's schedule slightly so she is staying up until 7pm, having dinner at the table with us and (most days) sleeping until 6:30am.

The air conditioning might also be helping with that. :)

--Siobhan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment