Friday 25 September 2015

Nap Training - Day 7,8,9,and 10

Last day of the first week. It hasn't gotten easier...yet. Although it's getting easier to walk away and listen to her scream...I'm getting used to the sound.

Day 7 - SUNDAY

Thankfully with Will home he volunteered to put her down for her morning nap. It wasn't too bad. 

Some crying, some dramatics but nothing new. Took close to an hour to settle her completely.

So I don't really know how long she slept for cause I'm not entirely sure when she gave up and went to sleep. Maybe an hour?


I got 3 loads of laundry washed so it must have been long enough to do that.

Afternoon nap included 50 minutes of crying and 30 minutes of sleeping.

When exactly does this get better?

The next 2 days were going to be stinking hot and D had her 1 year shots on Wednesday in CP so she spent Monday and Tuesday at Nona and Bapa's. Mostly so she could be in the AC but also so I could get some more things done. 

She did nap in her crib on Monday before they picked her up. Took about 10 minutes of screaming. I tried putting lullaby's on in her room. Not sure if it actually helped or if it was a coincidence. 

So day 8,9, and 10 were all not productive since we weren't at home. I'm going to keep at it but it's taking time. Although she did nap in he crib at Nona and Bapas...that's progress...right?


Instead of the daily updates I'll just post again when we have some success. 

I think I'd rather write positive posts about Daphne. She's actually a really awesome, well tempered, hilarious little lady and these posts only highlight one little hiccup. 

-- Siobhan xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment