Tuesday 20 January 2015

Fudgetasmic Fudgetastic Fudgegasm

I don't have a candy thermometer *AHEM HUSBAND AHEM* so I had to search around for some fudge recipes where one wasn't needed. Thankfully my mother had one for chocolate fudge and I found one for peanut butter fudge online.

I added milk chocolate chips to the peanut butter fudge, cause...cause I can.

And I used mint chocolate chips for the chocolate fudge, again, because why not?


Melt 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with 2 cups(ish) of chocolate chips.


I used mint chocolate chips but I think in the future I would use dark chocolate and add peppermint extract. It's very minty.



Added in the vanilla once its all melted and mixed together.


Put in an 8x8 pan and cool for 2 hours before cutting.


It makes a lot...well a lot for a normal person. My fudge obsessed husband will mow threw these pretty quickly.


For the peanut butter fudge I melted 1 cup of peanut butter and one cup butter together and added a splash of vanilla once they were mixed.


Add to 4 cups of sifted icing sugar. I also added a small (large) amount of milk chocolate chips.


Press into baking pan and cool in the fridge for 2 hours.

Never having made fudge this way before I'm not sure how the peanut butter one is going to turn out. It was a strange consistency going into the pan. It's cooling now and I'll let you know what it's like when I get it out and cut it up.

--Siobhan xo

UPDATE:

They taste AMAZING!!!! So addictive! I think without the chocolate chips in it and instead a layer of chocolate on top they would taste identical to Reese's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment